1. What is the difference between eV and V ?
2. Detector used for detection of Secondary electrons.
Everhart thornley detector
Back scattered electron detector
3. Which mode of imaging is also known as Z contrast imaging ?
4. Which type of sample can be analysed through SEM ?
All of the above
5. The range of vaccum inside the specimen chamber :
6. The range of vaccum inside the electron gun chamber :
7. EDS analysis is applicable for which element ?
atomic number more than boron
atomic number less than boron
8. When EDS detector is on then at that time the CCD camera should be off. Why ?
9. What is the current range for Beam ?
10. Which electron carries highest energy ?
Back scattered electron
11. Why is Copper used as standard for calibration in EDS detector ?
12. Why is SE mode imaging preferable for fracture surface ?
13. You are provided with SEM but not with ESEM. How will you do the imaging for a living being like an ant?
14. Between heavier element and lighter element, which will look brighter in BSE mode and why ?